August 20, 2022
Volunteer opportunity for the Shafer Farm- your 2+ hours are greatly appreciated! Please bring work gloves!
Workday opportunities for volunteers:
- Finish installing oak strips on corn crib.
- Remove remaining loose dirt and debris from the basement in 5 gallon buckets.
- Carry the small pile of metal shingles from the Billiard Room and the pile of slate from the second floor bedroom to the attic.
- Bundle -up some special shaped oak strips outside the meat house, label, and store them in the meat house.
- Paint and Brushes will be available for those wanting to paint the small shed next to the barn and the wood end of the house.
- Using a hydraulic jack (provided) level 3 or 4 floor joist (not as hard as it sounds).
- Misc. clean-up around the site, shifting of materials and loading some debri into a pick-up truck.
- Using a shop-vac clean the floors of the house in preparation of our window restoration subcontractor.
- Clean barn.
- Remove wires from the rear of the house.
- Replace a couple pieces of German siding.
- Water the little walnut trees, if needing water.